Epituer Pest Solutions - Your Cockroach Control Experts Knoxville, TN
Cockroach Control Services by Epituer Pest Solutions in the Knoxville, TN Area
At Epituer Pest Solutions, we understand the importance of effective cockroach control in maintaining a healthy and safe living environment. With approximately 4000 species of cockroaches worldwide, and around 70 species found in the United States, it’s crucial to address the threat they pose to our well-being.
Why Choose Epituer Pest Solutions for Cockroach Control?
1. Expertise and Experience:
- Our team of experienced professionals specializes in cockroach control, with a deep understanding of the habits and biology of different species.
2. Customized Solutions:
- We tailor our cockroach control strategies to suit the specific needs of your property. Each situation is unique, and our solutions are designed to be effective and long-lasting.
3. Safe and Environmentally Friendly:
- Epituer Pest Solutions is committed to using environmentally friendly methods and products that ensure the safety of your family, pets, and the ecosystem.
Comprehensive Cockroach Facts
- Approximately 4000 species of cockroaches are found worldwide, with around 70 species within the United States.
Cockroaches can pick up contaminants on their legs and transfer them to items we consume, leading to illnesses such as E Coli and Salmonella.
Linked to allergy and asthma attacks, especially in more susceptible individuals such as children, due to droppings and molted exoskeletons.
Common Cockroach Species in Knoxville, TN
1. German Cockroach (Blatella germanica)
- 1/2 to 5/8 inches long with 2 parallel black bands on the thorax.
- Active at night, preferring warm moist environments.
- Commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms.
2. American Cockroach (Periplaneta americana)
- Approximately 1 1/2 inches long, reddish-brown, with wings covering the abdomen.
- Associated with warm, dark, moist environments.
3. Oriental Cockroach (Blatta orientalis)
- About 1 inch in length, dark brown to black, with a shiny exoskeleton.
- Prefers dark, moist areas like crawl spaces and damp basements.
4. Brown-banded Cockroach (Supella longipalpa)
- Adult males are about 1/4 inch in length, light brown with fully developed wings. The females are smaller in length and the wings do not cover the entire abdomen.
- Prefers warm, dry environments, often found closer to the ceiling.
5. Smokey Brown Cockroach (Periplaneta fuligionsa)
- About 1 1/2 inches in length, dark mahogany brown, with fully developed wings.
- Prefers warm, moist environments, prone to dehydration.
6. Turkestan Cockroach (Blatta lateralis)
- Turkestan cockroaches are about 1 inch in length and dark brown to black in color. They have cream colored markings along the edge of the body and behind the head. Females have light colored stripes along the edge of their wings. Males are smaller than females with yellowish wings that extend beyond the tip of the abdomen. They are also known as the red runner cockroach or the rusty red cockroach.
- Typically found in in-ground containers, occasionally invades structures.
7. Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach (Parcoblatta pennsylvanica)
- Males are 1 inch long, dark brown in color. The sides of the thorax and front half of the wings are margined with yellow. The males have wings longer than the body and can fly but do not sustain flight for extended periods. Females are about 3/4 inch long with wings that cover about 1/3 to 2/3 of the abdomen.
- Nuisance during mating season, attracted to lights at night.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cockroaches
Cockroaches can survive for up to a month without food, but will typically die without water within a week.
Cockroaches are found in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors. They are commonly found in homes and businesses, where they are attracted to food, water, and shelter. Cockroaches can enter buildings through cracks and crevices in walls and floors, through plumbing pipes, or by hitchhiking on items brought into the building.
There are a number of ways to get rid of cockroaches, including:
- Eliminating food sources: Cockroaches are attracted to food sources, so it is important to eliminate any sources of food that may be attracting them. This includes cleaning up spills, storing food in airtight containers, and taking out the trash regularly.
- Removing water sources: Cockroaches also need water to survive, so it is important to eliminate any sources of water that may be attracting them. This includes fixing leaky faucets, repairing pipes, and draining water from sinks and tubs after use.
- Using a vacuum: A vacuum can be very effective at helping reduce the cockroach population quickly.
- Using insecticides: There are a number of insecticides that can be used to kill cockroaches. However, it is important to read and follow the label instructions carefully, and to take precautions to avoid exposure to the insecticide.
- Calling Epituer Pest Solutions: If you have a cockroach issue, it may be necessary to call Epituer Pest Solutions. We have access to a variety of effective methods for controlling cockroaches.
Cockroaches can be dangerous because they can carry and spread diseases, such as Salmonella and E. coli. They can also trigger allergies and asthma attacks in some people.
Contact Epituer Pest Solutions Today!
Don’t let cockroaches compromise the safety of your home or business. Contact Epituer Pest Solutions today at 865-363-1155 for comprehensive and effective cockroach control services tailored to your needs. Our experienced team is ready to ensure a pest-free environment for you and your loved ones.